Saturday, January 26, 2008

Oriole Fans Held Hostage - Day 45

That's right, it's now been 45 days since MacPhail has made a meaningful trade or signing.

Supposedly the Bedard deal is really, really, really, really close, and will happen really, really, really, really, soon. But that's what we've been hearing for a month + now.

Soon. Ugh! I think soon should be one of those words that is banned from the English language, but that's just me being frustrated I guess.

Jason Churchill of Prospect Insider states the deal needs to go down this weekend or its probably not happening at all. So tomorrow most likely we will be freed from this hostage crisis one way or another and can get on with our lives outside of the Orioles.

I probably like the rest of you am sick of logging on and trying to follow every rumor, but I can't help it as I am addicted to this offseason. There was so much promise and hope, to have it go out on a whimper would just be so disappointing.

But then that's just the status quo with this team.

No comments: